Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wishing you Peace & Love....


This week's challenge on Sparkle Creations Weekly Christmas Card Challenge is shopping.

I had pulled these papers aside last year to do this card on one of my girlfriend scrapbooking days, but I never got around to it. So, once I saw this challenge, I knew exactly what I was going to do.

The patterned papers are from Doodlebug and the cardstock is from Bazzill.

I used brads from CTMH, ribbon from Stampin' Up, Cotton Candy Stickles and a deep pink thread for the zig zag stitches that I did with my sewing machine.

The border punch and heart die-cut were both done with punches from EK Success and the oval & scalloped oval die-cuts were done with Spellbinder Nestabilities.

The image stamp is called "Miss Clause" from Sugar Nellie and the sentiment stamps came from CC Designs "Christmas Card Greetings" stamp set.

The Copic Markers I used are: Hair - E25 & E27; Skin - R00 & R000; Light Pink - RV11 & RV02; Dark Pink - RV34 & RV06; Red - R29 & R27; Green - YG25 & YG23; Teal - N1 & BG45 and Yellow - Y17.

I only had one 12x12 sheet of each of the background patterned papers and I was able to prep for 6 more cards. It should have been 7 more cards, but I messed up one of them. So I will have a total of 7 of these cards for my stash.

I have also submitted this card in the Stamping with Markers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I didn't use an innovative colouring technique, but every colour on the image (excluding the yellow) was made with using two colours to create my own colour to match the patterned papers better.

5 comments:

  1. I love it...especially the unusual paper choice,its not xmas paper, but it look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Love all the bright and cheery colors and the way that the papers works perfectly with the sentiment! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Donna! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sure caught my eye - love the colours and how you coloured her! Great Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that card is so cute it has brought peace to me!!!

    ReplyDelete