Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sending Springtime Smiles




Yeah for sick days!

My husband says that I am cruel, but I don't see it that way. I always try to make the best of things. Amy was home sick from school yesterday with a horrible headache and therefore couldn't make cheerleading last night. That means that I didn't have to taxi her and I got to stay home and play in my scrap room. I didn't wish for her to be sick. I just made the best of the situation at hand.

I got to play with some of the new things that I just received, like Stamping Bella's February Stamp Release & my Stampin' Up order.

All the patterned papers on this card are from My Mind's Eye's Fine and Dandy True Blue 6 x 6 paper pack and I used Candlelight & Tangelo Bazzill Cardstock.

For embellishments, I used the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine with some yellow thread, a paper clip from an old line from KI Memories, Stamping Bella 5mm Marble English Toffee Dots and last, but definitely not least......Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight Pompom trim.

I LOVE THIS NEW POMPOM TRIM!!!!! Right now, they are only offering it in Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango & Daffodil Delight in their Occasions Mini Catalogue. I am hoping enough people buy this ribbon or send Stampin' Up emails to encourage them to bring in more colours. It is half the size of any other pompom trim that I have ever bought. It is fabulous stuff!

Back to the card. The "sending Springtime smiles" sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Easter Blossoms stamps set. The other sentiment & the image is from Stamping Bella's "rainOnever-stopped-me-ABELLA stamp set.

I only used E25 & E27 Copic Markers for the hair & E00 & E000 Copic Markers for her skin. The rest of this image is paper pieced.

I am having a lot of fun with the easel cards lately and I had a lot of fun playing with my new stamps, ribbon & paper. I have wanted this paper pack for awhile, but I talked myself out of it. Once I had the pompom ribbon and this stamp set in my hand, I knew I had to use this paper pack.

I don't know how much more time I will get in my room this week with the Oliver Road Community Centre's Winter Carnival this weekend and workshop preparation, but I did just get in my Whipper Snapper order yesterday. So hopefully I will be able to carve out some time on Monday.

Thank you Robin! I had no idea about this blog challenge. I have entered my card in the Paper Piecing Challenge in Moxie Fab World. Check it out! You have until March 14th to enter.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Donna! Love all the paper piecing! Those papers are perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card...I love all the colours. My God...what's with all the paper piecing? It's so beautiful, but I have to say I'm glad this isn't a card class that I had to personally cut all that @#$% out! I know...you find it relaxing. It just raises my blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. The colours are great and I love all the different pattern papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOVE the card so much!!! love the layout!! thanks for representin' sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fab... hope you are putting it in the Moxie Fab paper piecing challenge... robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card!!! Pompom trim, now you know that I'll have to add it to my ribbon order!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! It really brought a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card--it was "wow" right away for me. Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another amazing card! I love these papers (good thing I have them!!) and that Bella is adorable. Fab pompoms too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Donna! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete