Friday, October 7, 2016

Color My Heart Challenge Blog - Post #214



This week at Color My Heart Challenge Blog our Color Dare #214 is using Close To My Heart Colours: White Daisy, Black, Pear & Thistle. I substituted our discontinued Pear colour with CTMH's New Willow colour.

I used Close To My Heart's Water Colour Cardstock with CTMH's Black & White Daisy cardstocks.

To embellish the card, I used CTMH's Artbooking Cricut Cartridge for the pumpkin die-cut & CTMH's Black Sequins (discontinued).

For the background, I did the smooshing technique where I took a piece of 3 x 3 page protector and inked it up with CTMH's Thistle ink...sprayed water onto the ink and then smooshed it onto my CTMH Water Colour cardstock. I then repeated this process with CTMH's Willow ink.

I used CTMH's Autumn Wishes, Silly Spider Web, Tasty Terrors (discontinued) & Moonlight Scrapbooking Workshop (discontinued) stamp sets with CTMH Black ink.

You may use any products to participate in the Color My Heart Challenges, but we encourage you to use CTMH products. For this Color Dare Challenge, you have until Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time to submit your project.

For more information about our challenges, please check us out at Color My Heart Challenge Blog: http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.ca. I look forward to seeing what types of projects you can inspire us with.

4 comments:

  1. Fun card. I really like how the black images are stamped on the background paper you created with the smooshing technique. I have to try that technique soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love that spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your background sponging, both inside and out...such a striking Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolored background is really fabulous! I love that you carried it into the card inside also. Wonderful card, Donna!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete