Friday, March 27, 2020

Wonderful Fabulous You Birthday Card


This is the 5 x 6 card that I made for my sister-in-law, Karen, whose birthday was earlier this week.

Many people ask me, where do you get your ideas from for your cards and layouts. I always have a hard time explaining how my brain works...but I am going to give it a try.

While celebrating my mom's birthday in January, Jim & Karen dropped by to wish mom a happy birthday. While mom was opening gifts, Karen saw something...I cannot remember what it was. 

Anyways, she leaned over to my brother, Jim, and quietly said: "That looks like the black & white birch trees that we saw at Vanderwees today. If it had the red cardinal in it, it would be perfect."

A week later, I saw this die set for sale on FaceBook and that conversation popped into my head. So, I bought the birch tree die set to make this card for Karen's Birthday.

What can a say...I am a bit weird...but that is how my brain works.

I used Ella & Viv Paper Company - Aspen Trees Patterned Paper, Patterned Papers from my CTMH 6 x 6 Sampler Stash with Bazzill Red & Black cardstocks.

I used CTMH's Fabulous You Stamp Set & CTMH's Card Chatter - Birthday Stamp Set and a miscellaneous oval birch trees & cardinal die set.

No comments:

Post a Comment