Friday, January 31, 2020

Jack's 13th Birthday Card


In August 2019, my nephew, Jack, turned 13 & I made him this card.

At the time, I wasn't making cards for anyone's birthdays because I was too sick with my concussion symptoms, but I could not let my nephew's birthday go by without making him a card.

My nephew appreciates every detail that I put into my cards for him. That is why I always put a lot of thought & pay extra special attention to every detail when I make his cards.

I love watching his face light up when he opens my cards and before he even looked on the inside of the card...he was asking me about how I got the screw heads onto the card. Like I said, he notices every detail.

He got a green dirt bike for his birthday. So that is where the inspiration came from for this card.

The Dirt Bike image was cut out with my Cricut machine. All the rest of the shapes were cut out with MFT dies & Your Next Stamp dies. All the stamps used on this card are from Close To My Heart except for the dirt quote & "epic adventures"; which is from The Ink Road.

The screw heads are old brads from either Scrapbook Sally or Karen Foster, the corrugated background paper came from our Gazebo Packaging that we bought & the rest of the papers are all Bazzill.

No comments:

Post a Comment