Sunday, January 12, 2020

Family Strong







In Fall 2019, my sister, Vicki, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

At Thanksgiving, my brothers & sisters all came home & we got together for a family supper at mom & dad's house. The whole family wore pink to show our sister/daughter/mom/aunt that we were there for her...Family Strong.

At that family gathering, we took a bunch of family photos. I took those photos & put them together in a 6 x 8 album for my sister & gave it to her at Christmas.

She knows that her family is always there for her, but I know from experience, when you are going through a tough time...you sometimes feel alone. This album was made up for her so that she can quickly be reminded how loved she is.

Most of the album was photos that weren't "scrapbooked"...just printed photos in different sizes...grouped together to tell our story.

I designed the front cover & the spine of the album on my Cricut Machine.

The following photos are the layouts that I made up for her album.

The third photo is a rock that our mom & sister-in-law paint poured & then they asked me to cut out the word "family" in vinyl. On the bottom of the rock, the whole family signed it.

The first layout is photos of cousins who don't live in Thunder Bay and weren't at our Thanksgiving Supper...but were showing their support from afar. 

The second layout is my sister & brother-law...I forgot to take a photo of the corresponding page...it was a fun layout that shows their deep love for each other.

The third layout is of TJ with his Auntie Vicki at TJ's 7th Birthday Party which was the Emoji Poop Themed Party. TJ designed most of this layout with a little help from mom.

The forth layout is the last page of the book. It is of my favourite photo of my sister & I on a very special day in 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment