Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome Rhylan!

Here is the two page spread (April 2011) that I contributed to Rhylan's 12 x 12 baby album that 13 of my girlfriend's and I put together for our girlfriend's new baby girl.

It's a great gift idea. One side of the layout is ready for the photos of the baby from that month and the other side is a calendar that can be easily used to record all the important information that you want to record about the baby.

Rhylan was born in April, so our album went from April 2011 - April 2012. This way Rhylan's first year is easily scrapbooked & documented without taking a lot of mom's time away from her.

For my pages, I used an old line from SEI from my personal stash. You know Jennifer is a good friend of mine, when I dip into my personal stash instead of going to my store for paper.

I cut the big heart out on my cricut machine, sewed around the edges, added some ribbon from Fabricland, threw in a journal area and some photo mats and VOILA!

This layout was a lot of fun and a bit difficult for me. I don't usually use a patterned paper with so much white on it, but I wanted to have a baby soft feel to it and I think I accomplished that.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout!! Love that big heart that you sewed around! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sewing on here is perfect! I can't imagine how hard all that white was for you, but you pulled it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool Donna! I love it! Jenn is a lucky girl to have so many scrappy, creative friends! Its a great idea....Do you sell the calendar side???
    thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete