Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Happy 2nd Birthday Bay Village!



One of my favourite local coffee shops, Bay Village Coffee, celebrated their 2nd birthday this month. They are also big supporters of our Thunder Pride organization and have been making these fun & fabulous rainbow donuts throughout the month.

I used Doodlebug's Patterned Papers with a Bazzill Brown cardstock.

I used Jaded Blossom's Tea for Two Stamp Set with Stampin' Up Copper Embossing Powder.

I used Jaded Blossom's Triangle Card Mat Die for the background, Simon Says' Rainbow Heart Die, Simon Says Tea Cup Die, CTMH's Stitched Heart Die, MFT's Stitched Border Die & Jaded Blossom's Stitched Number Die.

To make the Rainbow Heart Shimmer & Shine, I have rediscovered the fun of doing the burnished velvet technique. 

If you aren't familiar with burnished velvet, it is a micro fine glitter that after you have covered your sticky area with this glitter and removed the excess glitter...you rub this glitter into place to make it sparkle.

I used a sheet of two sided tape to cut out my rainbow heart. Then I removed the protective filament from the area that I wanted to glitter, did the technique, then removed the next area and so forth and so forth.

I used Jewel Glitter Ritz Opaque Micro Fine Glitter in the following colours: Cinnamon, Regal Red, Orange, Yellow, Canadian Blue, Sweet Basil and Purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment