Wednesday, January 1, 2020

My Aunt & Uncle Canvas Shopping Bags

Happy New Year 2020!

I know I have been away from my blog for over a year, but I am hoping to get back into posting on a more regular basis now that my concussion symptoms are some what under control...for now anyways.

So, for the next little while, you may see posts every day or two until I get back into the swing of things. Then I will probably start spacing them out to weekly. I just want to try & get back into the habit of remembering that I have a blog...so I will be posting more frequently right now.

I have done some creating during my hiatus from my blog...not a lot...but a little here & there. Some of my upcoming posts may look familiar...well that maybe because I had already posted photos of that project on Facebook.

I like to have my projects posted here as a reference & use my facebook as a secondary location to share my creativity.

I am still a paper crafter first...but I have been playing around with vinyl on my walls in my home, on pillowcases, shopping bags & such...so I will be sharing all kinds of crafty projects here.

I decided to start the New Year off with sharing two of my favourite Christmas Gifts that I made for my Aunt & Uncle...personalized reusable shopping bags.

I bought the plain canvas shopping bags from Michael's & used Cricut or Siser Vinyl. My vinyl bin isn't very organized as of yet.

My Auntie Pat's favourite Christmas movie is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...so I made her a Christmas themed bag.

My Aunt's significant other, Jim, hates hugs. I found this out about him a long time ago...so it became our thing. We can't see each other without Jim getting a Great Big Warm Hug from me...so I made him the Cactus themed bag.

I used the following fonts:
"In a World Full of" & "Be a Clark" - Ciscopic Font
"GRINCHES" - Animal Crackers Medium Font
"GRISWOLD" - Candish Font

All of the Cactus Bag is in Strawberry Dreams Alternate Font except for the word "HUGGER", it is done in the Bright Side Font.

I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 to cut out my design & my Cricut Easy Press 2 to heat transfer the iron-on vinyl to the canvas bags.

2 comments: