Friday, January 10, 2020

Giving a Little Comfort During a Difficult Time







Last year my girlfriend, Sandra, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I knew there was nothing I could do or say that would make things better, but remind her that I was here for her & that she is loved.

So, I made her this card & Squeeze-Um. Normally, when I make my squeeze-ums, they are only 1.5 inches in size & hold one Hersey Kiss inside....but I had always wanted to make a big one...like a candy dish.

I loved how it turned out. The squeeze-um is made out of plastic canvas. I glued different sayings onto the bottom of the Hersey Kisses & stitched in the word "THRIVER" on the back.

Robin Roberts, who is on GMA & a Cancer Thriver, uses the word Thriver instead of Survivor because she didn't only survive cancer, but is thriving in life after cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment