Thursday, January 30, 2020

Days in December Album




I am a Close To My Heart Consultant. I have always wanted to do a Days in December Album. So, when CTMH came out with their Days in December Kit in 2019, I decided that I would give it a go. I even ran it as a workshop.

I am not a kit person. After doing this kit, I realized that I am still not a kit person. 

A lot of the pages in the kit, weren't me. So, I ended up changing a lot of the album to suit me & my family.

I did complete the kit before December 1, so that I could just add photos & journaling, but again...many of the pre-made layouts didn't fit with the activities that my family & I did in the month of December.

So, when I tried to actually complete the album...I found it more frustrating trying to make the photos fit then a fun project for me to putter with.

Since this album already has fun & fabulous layouts just waiting to be finished. I have decided to change this album to a 31 Christmas Traditions & Stories Album.

It is something that I will work on next Holiday Season.

The first two photos are the Album Cover & Spine. I designed them with my Cricut & used Cricut's Permanent Shimmer Vinyl.

The next photo is one of the 3 x 4 Picture My Life cards that I designed for my album.

I loved how this turned out.

A few years ago, we gave our After Parade of Lights Christmas Party the Ugly Christmas Sweater theme. So far, every year I have bought a new penguin sweater to wear that night.

The last photo is the only page, besides the title page, that I completed of my album.

This 6 x 8 layout works for my new theme, so all is good there. It's a photo of my son holding up his Lego Advent Calendar...one of our many Holiday Traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment