Monday, May 24, 2010

Amy's Friend Birthday Invitation

This is the birthday invitation that I made for Amy's 12th Scuba Birthday Party with her friends for this upcoming weekend.

We have rented a local pool for her party and we have Thunder Country Diving coming in to give Amy and her friends a one hour scuba diving lesson. Amy is always challenging me to come up with different types of birthday parties every year and I haven't disappointed her yet.

For this invitation, I made a gel card to give the under water feeling. I haven't made a gel card in years. My best-friend, Shanna, had the Stampendous Changito Scuba Diving stamp. This was not only perfect because it was a scuba diving stamp, but that it was a monkey scuba diving. One of my nicknames for Amy is monkey.

I used paper from We R Memory Keepers new About a Girl line, Core'dinations cardstock, EK Success Photo Corner Large Punch, Spellbinder Nestabilities Oval & Deckle Oval, You're Invited stamp from CTMH and Kaiser Craft Rhinestones.

I coloured in the Monkey image with Copic Markers. I used E34 & E37 for the monkey, B45 for the fish, C6 & C7 for the gray scuba gear and V04 & V09 for the purple scuba gear.

On the inside of the card, I typed out all the birthday information on my computer and printed it out on a lighter purple cardstock. Very simple, but effective. Amy's Birthday Wish from her friends is for them to give her money for her birthday instead of gifts, so that she can pool the money and donate it to her charity of choice.

Amy has been doing this with her school friends since Kindergarton. This year's charity is the same as last's years charity and she has chosen the Thunder Bay Therapeutic Riding Association.

1 comment: