Friday, May 15, 2020

Fabric Coasters

Back in December, I bought a set of Christmas Fabric Coasters from a Craft Fair. I bought them more for the decor purposes than the practical use.

Now, we like the fabric coasters better than our glass photo coasters because we find that when our glass sweats it sticks to the glass. Then when you go to pick up your glass to drink the glass coaster falls on to the floor. 

The fabric coasters just absorbs the moisture and then there is no cursing & swearing from the mess that is sometimes created from our drink spilling due to the chaos that follows with the sticky glass coasters.

So, when my daughter came up to go through my fabric bin to make masks...I pulled a bunch of material out to make more fabric coasters for all different holidays or seasons.

At the time, I was busy with other projects...so I tucked away the material I pulled out in a safe spot...so safe that I still can't find it.

I had pulled this material out to possibly use on a scrapbook layout or card, but since I was really tired of seeing my Christmas coasters every day...I used this fun fabric for my coasters instead.

One side has the polk-a-dots and the other side has the stripes. I sewed in a layer of polar fleece to give the coasters a bit of cushion (it's what I had on hand).

No comments:

Post a Comment