Friday, February 7, 2020

TJ's Valentine's



Thank You Digital Gems!

My 8 year old son fell in love with these heart mazes as soon as he saw them on FaceBook. So I bought the SVG & made them his Valentine's for his Grade 3 classmates.

The SVG actually came with the wording "Happy Valentine's Day!" on the front, but my son loves his puns...so I removed what it came with & replaced it with "You Are A-MAZ-ING."

I made 36 of these with my Cricut Machine & was able to use up a lot of scrap pieces of CTMH Colonial White cardstock to make them all. Yeah Me!

I made the mazes 5.65 inches high so that I could cut 6 of them out at a time on my 12 x 12 mat.

For the "You Are A-MAZ-ING.", I used CTMH's Font Artistry on my Cricut & had my machine write it out.

For the "Happy Valentine's Day" on the back, I used CTMH's To My Bestie Stamp Set for "Happy" and CTMH's A Little Everything for "Valentine's Day" with CTMH's Lagoon & Watermelon inks.

The Glitter Hearts in the middle of the maze were a pack of stickers that I bought from the Dollarama last Valentine's Day for $1.25. I still have lots of small hearts on that sticker sheet that I can use.

If the maze had a teal glitter heart, then the back had to be stamped in pink and if the maze had a pink glitter heart on the front, then the back had to be stamped in teal. That is how my son wanted it done. Then he signed all the Valentine's in purple.

I was going to give each child 2 of the these fun multi-colour pencils with their mazes and call it a day, but then my son said that it's Valentine's Day...you have to give candy too!

Fortunately, he wanted to give suckers out with his Valentines and I was able to incorporate them in with the design with the help of some washi tape.

I had my husband cut my multi colour pencils in half, so that they fit nicely with the Valentine's. I bought these pencils on clearance at Ardene's a while back. 12 for $1.00 on Clearance. I knew they would come in handy for loot bags or holiday gifts at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment