Sunday, August 24, 2014

Happy For You Card



This is the card that my Close to My Heart Stamping Five Groups are making in the months of August and September.

I used CTMH's Pathfinding and Seaside Paper Packets with CTMH Barn Red and Glacier cardstocks.

To embellish the card, I used CTMH's Brown & Tan Assortment Sparkles, CTMH's Baker's Twine Neutral Metallic Assortment, CTMH's Gold Polka-Dot Washi Tape and CTMH's Woodgrain Embossing Folder.

I used CTMH's Brushed Scrapbooking Workshop ("happy") and CTMH's It's the Little Things - November Stamp of the Month stamp sets with CTMH's Pigment Cocoa & Pigment Barn Red inks with CTMH Clear Embossing Powder and CTMH's Autumn Terracotta, Goldrush, Olive, Chocolate, Barn Red and Cocoa inks.

I also used CTMH's Colonial White ink to do the ghost stamping effect that you see around the words "happy for you". My girlfriend, Lee-Ann, did this technique on a couple of her cards a few months back and I have been dying to try it out ever since.

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I'd like to share something that I recently learned and that is if a solid paper is placed between two patterns it helps the top pattern paper tp really pop. Like in the first card, if the solid blue was placed between them

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun! First time making a card other than the standard A2 or square.

    ReplyDelete