Tuesday, August 19, 2014

G & G's Coffee 8 x 8 Layout


Last week I came across a 7 Gypsies Scrapbooking Album Stand in my stash and I thought to myself that it would be perfect for my grandparent's 72nd Wedding Anniversary gift.

The stand came with 5 x 7 Vertical Page Protectors. I didn't like that size, so I replaced them with Worldus 8 x 8 Page Protectors.

I used to scrapbook a 12 x 12 Year in Review Calendar for my grandparents every year, but with all the chaos in my life the last few years I haven't been able to make one for them.

With this gift, I can scrapbook them an 8 x 8 layout when ever it works for me and add it to their stand.

I used Creative Imaginations Debbie Mumm Java Beans patterned paper and Flair Design Coffee Talk patterned paper with Bazzill Suede Brown - Dark and BoBunny Decaf Double Dot cardstocks.

To embellish the layout, I used Go Canada Cricut Cartridge for the coffee cup, CTMH brads (discontinued), ribbon from my stash and a Zig brown marker for my journaling.

My grandparents started taking me for "coffee" when I was in high school. When my daughter turned 18 months old, they started taking her for "coffee" on their own without me with them. They aren't able to take TJ on their own, but we do make sure that TJ joins them at the mall for "coffee" whenever we can.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the coffee shaped embellishment/journal box! Fab layout and a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete