Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Holidays with Lili of the Valley


This week's challenge on Sparkle Creation's Weekly Christmas Card Challenge is to use punches.

My girlfriends & I scrapbooked together for 12 hours this past Saturday and we challenged each other to use a Lili of the Valley stamp on a card and have it posted on our blogs within 2 weeks.

So, I still had my mojo going from Saturday and I designed this card on Sunday night. On Monday, I made a second card and prepped to make another 10 just like this it.

I challenged myself to keep the card somewhat flat, so the postage won't cost me so much when I go to mail these out come Christmas time.

I used Echo Park's "Everybody loves Christmas" two-sided patterned paper and Bazzill Classic Red, Bazzill Sour Apple & Bazzill Piglet cardstock. The brad is from CTMH and the embroidery floss is from my stash.

I used the EK Success small holly leaf punch, one of their medium photo corner punches and one of their border punches. I also used Creative Memories hexagon punches and Fiskars 1/8" circle hand held punch for the holly berries on the inside of the card.

The "Happy Holidays" sentiment stamp is from CTMH, the inside sentiment is from Stampin' Up and the image stamp is from Lili of the Valley.

The Copic Markers used: Crown - Y15 & Y18; Dog - E35 & E31; Dog Nose - W8; Holly Leaves - YG21 & C0; Present - BG72 & BG11; Ribbon & Berries - R27 and Pink Background - RV32 & R21.

5 comments:

  1. I love this one...so bright and cute!!

    I hope you are sitting quietly working on these cards in a stress free environment...feet up with no worries.

    take care Lee-Ann xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet stamp! Love his little crowd and the one folded corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute card! Thanks for joining us on on the Christmas Card Challenges blog. :)

    ReplyDelete