Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Kraftin' Kimmie!



George with his morning coffee, the Christmas Cards that I am making & the Exclusive Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp that we got in our Kraftin' Kimmie Goodie Bags.

Melanie & Me

Myself & Andrea

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY KRAFTIN' KIMMIE!!!

As most of you know, I attended the First Annual Kraftin' Kimmie Day in London, Ontario on Saturday, September 25, 2010 with my Best Buds, Shanna & Brandi.

We had a FABULOUS weekend! Words cannot describe how much fun we had and I can't wait until our next scrapbooking day, weekend or trip together.

My Ms. September Card was a take off from my Ms. December Card. It was the perfect design for the Kraftin' Kimmie Card Challenge. If you wanted to participate in the challenge at the crop, you had to make a card using a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp and the colour purple.

I used Core'dinations Cardstock, Daisy D's Gypsy Harvest Patterned Papers, a brown safety pin from my stash and some green heart beads also from my stash.
I also used Stampin' Up 1/8" Early Espresso Tafetta Ribbon and CTMH extra small white brad inked with copic markers.

I used the Billionaire & Storybook Cricut Cartridges to spell out "Ms. September", Stampin' Up's Spiral Border Punch and EK Success' Scalloped Border Punch.

For the front of the card I used Kraftin' Kimmie's Annette stamp and CTMH's Month by Month stamp set. If you look closely on the calendar on the front of the card, I stamped "kk day" on the 25th to represent Kraftin' Kimmie Day. I used the "birthday" & "pumpkin" words from CTMH's Seasonal Thoughts stamp set. I only inked the "k" in the word pumpkin and "day" on the word birthday. For the inside, I used Kraftin' Kimmie's sentiment stamp that comes with the Betty Stamp.

Copic Markers used: Skin - R000 & R0000; Eyes - E0000 & YG95; Nylons - V01 & V000; Dress - V15, V06 & RV99 and Hair - E77, E74 & E79.

I was thrilled to meet Kraftin' Kimmie for the first time face to face. She is a fabulous woman and not only is she very creative, but she has a good business sense and I can see her doing amazing things in this industry.

We participated in two make 'n' takes with Melanie and two make 'n' takes with Andrea who are both on Kraftin' Kimmie's Design Team. They are both fun, amazing women who just genuinely love what they do in this crazy crafty world of ours.

I was really hoping to meet Melanie on this trip because her copic colouring just blows my mind away. So to do two make 'n' takes with her, get a photo taken with her and to get her autograph on one of the make 'n' takes just made my day that much better.

Before I left on my trip, Trevor told me that he wanted a souvenier Kraftin' Kimmie t-shirt if they had them. When Kimmie found out that I was buying extra t-shirts for my family, she asked if I would send her a photo of us in them. Well, I mailed her a CD last Friday with all the photos that we took that day & this family photo.

She was surprised to find out that my husband would willingly wear her purple t-shirt. I think he looks good in purple.

Congratulations Kim & wishing you many more successful years to follow!

3 comments:

  1. Really cute card!!! I still think you should have won!!! I don't need to see anyone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just the sweetest, Donna! It was fabulous to finally meet you too and I'm so glad the long, crazy trip was worth it!

    And can I just say that it takes a very cool dude to pull off a lilac Kraftin' Kimmie shirt?!! He's a keeper! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Donna!! It was such a pleasure to meet you on Krafty Day...I'm thrilled that you were able to make the long trip to spend the day with all of us. Didn't Kimmie put on an AWESOME event??!! Thanks so much for all your enthusiasm...and for your kind words. (You're so sweet...I think you've made me blush a million shades of red! lol) I'm already looking forward to the next Krafty Day...hope you'll be coming to that one too!

    (PS...I did check out the pictures of your studio, and I have to admit that I'm just a tad jealous!!! What an incredible space...and so well organized! It's a far cry from my "dining room table studio", lol. If ever I am able to claim a room for myself, I may just have to get you to design it!)

    ReplyDelete