Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thinking of You with Cupcake Ruby



Yeah! I finally received my first order from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps. Not only did I receive my first order, but I actually inked one of the stamps & made a card within days of receiving it. This is probably a first for me.

I love how my card turned out; especially since I designed it on a whim in a hotel room in Hinkley without full access to all my stuff like I am used to. Don't get me wrong, we packed well, but I am not used to not having access to my store for cardstock or having all my thousands of stamps at my disposal for sentiments. So I am quite proud of how this card turned out with "limited" products & tools & no planning prior to this trip. Yes, Lee-Ann, we brought the sewing machine with us as well as the cricut, cuttlebug, copics, stamps......and the list goes on.

Fortunately, we had exactly what I needed to be able to participate in the Inspiration Challenge this week on Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps blog. I used BoBunny Chocolate Double Dot Cardstock, Basic Grey's Sugared Patterned Paper & Patterned Papers from The Greeting Farm's Birthday Pack of Paper. Yes, I paper pieced the cupcake liner & the dress with patterned paper.

I used the Cupcake Ruby stamp from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps & the sentiment stamp was from CTMH. I also used one of EK Success' border punches, Oval Nestabilities & Basic Grey Opaline Half Pearls.

The Copic Markers I used were: Hair - E47 & E49; Skin - R00 & R000; Eyes - Y28; Cupcake Icing - R81 & Everything Red - R37 & W4.

I didn't have anyone in mind for this card, so I have left the inside blank to be filled with an appropriate sentiment at a later date.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty, but paper piecing? ugh...Love the paper and the card.You guys actually did some card making while you were having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Gorgeous papers. I really can't believe you guys packed a sewing machine! Have you seen daylight since you arrived!!!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I love the piecing you did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Donna! Thanks for playing in the SCRS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete