Monday, July 14, 2014

Awesome Robot Card






I definitely was inspired by the colours and I immediately thought of this CTMH Robot Family stamp set. As for the boat, I don't own any boat stamp sets and once I had the robots stuck in my head....there was no turning back.

I made this card for my friend's son's 8th Birthday next month.

In a round about way, my robot (which represents technology) does fit in with the boat photo and this is how. While working on this card, I would step away to take a break. During one break I checked out facebook. I had family & friends away camping/fishing this weekend. 

When I went on facebook, they were also on facebook while camping/fishing. So, I thought it was funny that they were away in the bush, but still using technology. So, to me, someone is lying in the bottom of that boat connected to the world wide web.

I used Close to My Heart's Topiary, Outdoor Denim, Desert Sand, Sunset, Autumn Terracotta and Sky cardstocks.

To embellish the card, I used CTMH's brads (discontinued), CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge (for the gear die-cuts) and CTMH's Chevron Embossing Folder.

I used My Creative Time's It's All About You stamp set (sentiments & chevron border); CTMH's Robot Family, Keyboard Uppercase (the number 8) and In Gear stamp sets with Topiary, Desert Sand, Outdoor Denim and Autumn Terracotta inks. 

7 comments:

  1. Too darn cute...perfect for a little boy!!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at MCT!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Perfect sentiment to go with that cute little robot!! Thanks for joining us in the MCT~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! Love the robot!
    Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us over at My Creative Time for our Designer's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER FUN card, GREAT job with it!!!Thanks for joining us in the MCT / Designer Challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna ~ Well if this is the CUTEST 8 year old birthday card ever! I think you captured the photo/colors PERFECTLY too! Look at all those MCT products you used too and how you used them~ LOVE it! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are FABULOUS!!! Thank you for playing along!
    HUGS,
    Emma ;)

    ReplyDelete